Sunday, September 20, 2009

Blog #3

My lesson plan would be for a 2nd grade science class. I would teach the students about all the different types of dinosaurs. I will then assign them to journal using the MS Word. I will ask them to find a picture of their favorite dinosaur and post the picture the document. Then I would ask them to use type 3 sentences about their favorite dinosaur. I would like them to answer why they choose that dinosaur and I would want them to mention something interesting about that dinosaur.

Since the internet can have many different and inappropriate websites for 2nd graders. I will be very concerned for them while they explore the internet. It will be hard to see what they access at home, but I will always advise them to use the computer while a parent or another adult is around to help ensure that they are not going onto these inappropriate websites at such a young age. In class though I know there is a way to block certain internet sites so that the children will not go on them. By doing this it will help the students have fun on the computer by using but at the same time being restricted to certain websites.

http://www.kidsknowit.com/

I consider this to be a fun educational website for elementary school students. This website has many different learning games which are fun for the students to learn about different subjects. The subjects span from math to science and to even spelling. I think it will be an easier and more fun way for the students to practice some of the things that they have learned at their home.

1 comment:

  1. Your class souds like a lot more fun than my second grade class. I like how your not afraid to put technology in the hands of youth!!!

    ReplyDelete