I have used MS Word for a long time as a student. I can remember myself using it as little at 4th grade by doing my monthly book report. It was the first time that I can recall that I was assigned to do things on the computer and I remember that I was excited just to type a silly little report on the computer. But as I got older, more assignments in school were asked to be typed, so I turned to MS Word do to complete these assignments. Term papers and Science lab reports were what I mainly did on Word. I would always type it up and maybe use some clip art for theses school assignments. I liked using MS Word because it allowed me to complete my assignments more easily because it had spell check, which is vital since I am not the best speller and bullets and numbering, which helped me organize my work. I have seen many teachers assign assignments on Word. They have asked the students to use Word for reports, outlines, or any other assignments that can be completed on it. The teacher may also use Word themselves to make their own tests or quizzes easily since Word has spelled and a numbering function.
I liked the example when Mr. Harrison assigned the students to make a newspaper using MS Word. I thought it was interesting how made the students base it on England in 1066. I think Mr. Harrison creatively made the students use Word to understand the functions of the program. I think it was a good way in teach the students how to use the many different functions of Word but at the same time trying to make the assignment more fun for the students.
I know how basically all the functions in MS Word, but this class has taught me one thing that I did not know how to do on Word. I learned how to use the Page Break function. This is helpful because it allows me to go to the next page without pressing the space bar fifty million times. This class has also taught me to zip and unzip a folder which I never knew how to do. As a teacher this will help me when I need to send a folder through email. Before I never knew what to do and now since I know how to compress the folder, it will allow me to do this. I also did not know many of the short cut keys for MS Word. But this class has helped me realized that there are many more short cut keys than I thought and this will help me as a teacher so I can easily maneuver around Word without using the mouse a lot.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lucky you! I didnt get to use a computer until I was in the 7th grade!
ReplyDelete