The use of computers and technologies at a young age will benefit the students later on in school. Since many students are “victims of digital divide”, I think it is very important that students begin to learn at least basic computer skills at a young age. Learning how to use the computer can not only be a teaching assistant in the classroom, but it can also be a more fun way of learning. Many teachers use the cognitive tools daily in the classroom. If students do not understand what she is doing then they will face difficulties. I do agree with what Chapter 1 was saying, in that modern day technologies are very effective in the classroom. From being in the classroom I know that I have grown up with technologies in the classroom and did enjoy learning from it.
I think I would most definitely using the cognitive tools, such as word processing, PowerPoint’s and other images and videos from the internet. Since I enjoy learning visually, I am probably going to use many visuals when I teach. I think it will be a more interesting way to teach in the classroom. I hope that this class will teach me to utilize the instructional models. I would like to incorporate more tutorials and drill-and-practice software’s in the classroom. I am open learn these new ways of using technologies in the classroom.
Since I would like to teach kindergarteners, I am excited in using fun videos and images from the internet. When I started kindergarten, the way my class learned was through storybooks and picture cards. But now it will be more interesting to see how the other kindergarteners react to these same images, but more technologically. I think it would also be fun to use computer games such as Reader Rabbit, which was one of my favorite games when I was a child. I am hoping that I can use my past experiences with technologies and apply them to the classroom today.
No comments:
Post a Comment