Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Blog 0


My experiences with technology have probably been the same as most students in this class. I have the basic knowledge of how to use the computer and other certain computer programs. I have learned to use the programs such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint from other classes. Other than that I use the computer daily for personal reasons by mainly using the internet to check my email, etc. I am no computer pro, but I pretty good at the basic concepts of the computer.

From this class I am hoping to become more equip with the functions computer. Hopefully I will be able to learn new things about the programs that I have used before. I would also like to learn how to use other programs that I have never used before. I am hoping that all these skills that I learn will help improve my teaching abilities and hopefully I will find useful ways in applying these skills in the classroom. I would like to learn these new skills so one day I can make the learning experience for my students more fun and more interesting.

From the learning test that I completed, I appear to be very much of a sensor and visual learner. Based on how I have learned this appears to be true for me. I am a sensor learner because I do enjoy and understand learning the facts more than theoretical concepts and if it is a fact I will be more likely to memorize and understand more than uncertainties. I am also very much a visual learner because I understand concepts better when I see them. When I see something I am able to grasp it better than when someone tries to verbally explain something to me. I also am sequential learner because I learn better when very clear and precise steps are given. At the same time I am more of an active learner, where I enjoy classmates discussing what they have learned so I will be able to grasp the concepts more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment