I found a website which provides with helpful tools for teachers. The tool I liked the best on this website was the template to make newsletters. I think this is helpful because I feel like the parent should be involved in the classroom. So with these templates will allow me to quickly type of the newsletters for the parents. This will help when I am informing in what is going on in the classroom and will also make it easier for myself as a teacher to write the newsletter with such a busy schedule.
http://www.education-world.com/tools_templates/index.shtml#miscellaneous
I think I will use Excel for my grade book. Excel is an easy way to organize my grades ad figure out the averages of the different students. It will help me organize the ways that I input the grades into the computer. I think using Excel as a grade book will help any subject and any grade level and will help myself be organized in the grading instead of manually writing all the grades into a paperback grade book. I think Excel could also be helpful in a 6th grade and higher grades science classes. When the students finish their lab results, they type up all their results into a spreadsheet. Once formed into a table, they then can have a pie, bar, or line chart showing their results. This will make their results page in their lab report easier to read and more organized.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Getting parents involved in their parents education is vital.
ReplyDeleteI definitely think Excel is an awesome use for the gradebook. I don't know what teachers did before it!
ReplyDelete