Sunday, October 25, 2009

Blog #6


My PowerPoint 1 Assignment is very basic and contains all the basic traits of a PowerPoint Presentation. The background is a solid color pink and font coloring is a lighter blue and I kept the format the same throughout all the slides because I thought it is easier in a presentation when all the slides have a general background format. I added some animations in the first and last slides. The animation gives the presentation of slides a more fun and unique aspect to the presentation. I also tried to use images that draw attention and help the viewer better understand the information that is on each slide.

Computer peripherals such as a printer can help when printing out assignments or printing out a test. They can help the teacher pass out all the assignments easily to the different students. Teachers can use textbooks also to base their curriculum on, but as well you the internet from the computer to find more examples on the material, which can allow the students to have a wider base of information on the subject. The computer programs can always be used hand in hand with the other supplies in the classroom to help the students learn better.

I have learned all these skills from PowerPoint before, so the skills were just a review for me. I think PowerPoint is a very useful tool when presenting information to the classroom. As a student I enjoy when the teacher uses PowerPoint as a tool in the classroom to present notes and I also plan on using PowerPoint when I am a teacher because I find it helpful in the classroom. PowerPoint allows for the information to be viewed easily so if you miss the information the teacher said, you have the PowerPoint to follow along from the information.

3 comments:

  1. I agree, what would we do without a printer?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love powerpoint too.
    It's a lot easier to understand something when I can hear and read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to wonder about your choice of color in the Powerpoint. Bright pink background will make your eyes hurt after a while, also you have to stress your eyes more to read blue font on a bright pink background. Maybe try using a transparency on the background to make it less harsh and using black font rather than blue. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete